HomeForum

Date periods for ar...

Date periods for armor and "Documented Historical Analogs"  

RSS

AerialSnack
(@aerialsnack)
FNG
14/11/2019 1:37 am  

I'm actually an armorer that recently wanted to make more historically accurate armor, and have been researching quite a bit lately. One of my friends brought up the ACL to me, so I thought it would be cool to make armor that is actually used in combat. However, some of the rules are a bit confusing to me.

For instance, what do you consider "Medieval Period"? It's a pretty loose rule. I plan to make most of my armor in 15th century fashion, so I'm sure it'll be allowed, but would 16th century armor be allowed?

Also, regarding the Gauntlets. There's section that says "Gauntlets must be made from materials with documented historical analogs". What does this even mean? Doesn't this just mean it has to be made from steel and leather? Or are you only allowed to make gauntlets that directly replicate a set from the time period your armor is from?

Lastly, I'm a little confused about stainless steel and titanium being allowed. Titanium was first used in the 18th century, and Stainless Steel was invented in the 20th century. It seems to contradict a lot of other rules that make the creation of the armor more difficult.

Share:

All contents © copyright 2019 Armored Combat Worldwide. All rights reserved.

Please Login or Register